Prolong the Life of Your Wetsuit
• Be careful when putting it on/off. Don’t stretch the rubber more than you need to because the thinner stretchier stuff can get a big saggy after time. Just pull it as much as you need to get it over your limbs, not more.
• Cut your finger nails. Nothing worse than making fingernail holes in the smoothskin, making it not only look crap but also leak water.
• Wash it out with fresh water after every surf. Make sure you get all the sand and salt out of the zips, tape and seams. Best bet probably is to turn it inside out and wash the inside thoroughly first because that’s where the pee-pee is eating away at your seams.
• Do all the Velcro bits up when you take it off. Otherwise the rough part will attach itself to the nylon double lined panels of your suit and start a war of attrition.
• After you’ve washed it out thoroughly, hang it inside out on a non-metallic hanger.